Get Treatment that works
Trusted Eye Doctors With Expertise in Eye Disease Management
Doctor’s Note: You can find treatment, eye care, and other eye disease management techniques from our high-quality eye doctors at McDonald Optical in Iowa City. Call today for an appointment!
What Is Eye Disease Management?
Eye diseases can crop up at any time. They can be inherited, contagious, allergic, or the result of a simple accident. Whatever the reason may be, it’s crucial if you believe you’re suffering from an eye disease to not only have the best care but the best advice on what to look for and what kind of treatment you can expect.
The Most Common Eye Diseases
Our full-spectrum practice provides patients with many options for treating eye diseases and disorders. These are three of the most common eye diseases our optometrists see:
A yearly eye exam can also diagnose a number of other conditions a doctor of optometry treats. Examples include cataracts, astigmatism, and dry eye.
Treatment Options from Our Eye Doctors
There are a number of treatment options and protocols provided by our Iowa City optometrists, and a few of them have been laid out below:
- Treatment of an eye disease begins with an eye exam, and our eye doctors can perform both routine and comprehensive exams.
- A routine exam includes discussing your medical history and any symptoms you might be experiencing vision, eye function testing, and an eye health evaluation.
- Patients who have an eye disease, or show signs or symptoms of an eye disease, receive a comprehensive exam.
- To evaluate your eyes, our optometrists use state-of-the-art tools that take precise measurements. They look for signs of eye disease and other disorders that can damage your vision without the proper treatment.
- One helpful new technology we use for detecting eye disease is digital retinal photography. If an eye disease is detected, our optometrist will recommend proper testing and treatment.
To give you an idea of what to expect for treatment variability, our treatment for glaucoma includes medication in drop form. In contrast, our AMD treatment includes injectable drugs and other options to slow the progression of the disease.
Our eye doctors carefully monitor patients for any signs of diabetic eye disease and recommend seeking medical treatment for their diabetes.
Contact McDonald Optical Today!
Schedule an Appointment with Our Optometrists to Get Computer Vision Relief Today!