- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Men's Glasses Go Beyond Getting to 20/20
When you are looking to get men’s eyeglasses in Iowa City, the first step is to have an up to date comprehensive eye exam to make sure that the prescription of your new glasses matched the needs of your eyes. This means having a current eye exam, which we offer at McDonald Optical. But what your eyes need goes beyond getting your corrected vision to 20/20. Depending on your lifestyle, you may need lenses that help you with glare while you are driving, or help ward off headaches caused my too much time at the computer, or you may even need special tweaks to your prescription that make it easier to stay active in the outdoors. Whatever your specific needs are, our optician at McDonald Optical can help make sure when you choose your men's eyeglasses in Iowa City, you'll get the glasses that are best for your eyes and your style.
Large Selection of Popular Prescription Glasses
Once we have nailed down your prescription needs, it is time to talk about what you want. In order to properly blend these two aspects of your new glasses, we carry a large selection of popular designer frames to help you achieve the look and style you want. Some of these include
- Alain Mikli
- Nike Version
- Oliver Peoples
Each of these designers are dedicated to quality, and our staff is available and ready to help you find a pair or two of frames among them that are right for you, including finding the right shape of glasses to fit your face.
Matching Your Glasses to Your Face
Picking out the right eyeglasses goes beyond finding a brand that resonates with you. It is also important to consider the shape of your face in order to choose a complementary style. The common face shapes and the frame features that go best with them include
- Oval - Oval face shapes are best complimented by dominant, bold styles and colors in the frame with a smaller lens shape.
- Round- Round faces need frames that are wider rather than long and pads that keep the glasses from sliding onto the cheeks.
- Square - A style that blends well into the face is best for square faces since the features themselves are normally more prominent.
- Heart - Wide frame with bold styles go best with heart-shaped faces since this shape combines elements of both round and oval shapes.
Why Buy From McDonald Optical?
At McDonald Optical in Iowa City, our wide selection of frames includes styles for every shape of the face, and our staff is always happy to help you identify your own face shape and make an informed decision when picking out the glasses that will be part of your everyday look and will become part of how the world sees you and how you see yourself. Also by choosing to buy mens eyeglasses in Iowa City from McDonald Optical, you'll be able to try on different frames and see for yourself which options work best for you. If you're ready for a fresh pair of glasses, contact us at 319-337-4995 to schedule an eye appointment.